- Important Information from HeavenWard
Updated and effective February 1, 2013
Using Your Software Responsibly
How HeavenWard Protects Your Privacy
Using Your Software Responsibly
The country in which you live may have laws governing the use of keylogging and other computer monitoring software. Your use of HeavenWard monitoring software should comply with the applicable laws of your country.
How HeavenWard Protects Your Privacy
- HeavenWard respects your
concerns about your privacy. We limit the information we gather
about you through our website and our software, and we limit the way
information we gather about you is used. Our policies regarding your
privacy on our website and your privacy when using our software are
- In addition, other parties, independent of HeavenWard, may also gather information about you when you use our website or download our software. Information about third-party access to information gathered through your use of our website or third-party websites is also provided below.
A. HeavenWard’s Website and Your Privacy
- Visiting pages of HeavenWard’s website may place “cookies” on your computer. Cookies are small text files that identify your computer and your visit. Our cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. They allow us to send the proper pages to visitors as they browse our site, to keep statistics on the pages visitors access, and to customize the content we deliver to visitors.
When you purchase software
through our website, you are directed to a third-party site for
making a secure payment. HeavenWard does not manage your privacy on
When you complete your purchase on the third-party payment site, the information you entered on the order page is transmitted to HeavenWard. HeavenWard uses the information to associate your license key with your installation and to aid in providing customer support.
- HeavenWard does not sell or distribute any information about you, whether obtained from visits to our website or the purchase and installation of software, to anyone.
B. HeavenWard’s Software and Your Privacy
- HeavenWard software protects your privacy as far as technically possible. In most cases, when you install HeavenWard software on your computer, you must read and agree to the provisions of the software’s license agreement. The provisions explain how installing and using the software may affect your privacy.
Generally, the first time you
run any HeavenWard software, your computer sends the user name you
select to HeavenWard’s license server along with information
about your computer necessary to license and run the software on
your system, such as computer name and computer, processor, and
system versions and IDs. During this process, the server provides
you with your license key. A user name is not used when you request
a free license key.
The information HeavenWard’s license server gathers in this process goes only to HeavenWard and is not shared with anyone.
- HeavenWard software does not collect any other information from your computer, including any personal, personal identity, or sensitive information of any kind.
- Most HeavenWard software contains a code-signing certificate from Comodo CA Limited. The certificate protects you by ensuring that HeavenWard is the software publisher and that the software has not been modified or tampered with.
- When you install most HeavenWard software, you must read and agree to the provisions of the software’s license agreement. The agreement governs your use of the software and explains how using the software affects your privacy.
- HeavenWard does not accept returns of software for refund of your purchase price. Our policy helps keep our prices low. In addition, HeavenWard offers a free version, demonstration version, or trial evaluation version of all our software in addition to a paid version.
B. HeavenWard End User Software License Agreements
HeavenWard end user software license agreement ("Agreement"),
or EULA, is a legal agreement between you (either on behalf of
yourself as an individual or on behalf of an entity as its
authorized representative) and the author ("Author," i.e.,
HeavenWard) of the software you install and operate. Most
HeavenWard software comes with a EULA. Please read it carefully and
print out a copy for your records.
- By clicking the "I Agree" button below the EULA and downloading, installing, copying or otherwise using HeavenWard software, you agree to be bound by all of the terms of the end user software license agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of the agreement, click on the "Cancel” button and/or do not download, install, copy, or otherwise use the software.
- All HeavenWard end user software license agreements contain the following general provisions:
- 1. SOFTWARE: As used in the Agreement, the term "Software" refers to the Author’s (HeavenWard’s) software which you have selected to download. The term "Software" also shall include any upgrades, modified versions, or updates of the Software.
- 2. GRANT OF LICENSE: Subject to the terms of the Agreement, the Author hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to: (i) install the Software, (ii) use the Software for your internal use, and (iii) copy the Software for back-up or archival purposes. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that, depending on the version (free, trial, or fully licensed, i.e., paid) of the Software, certain restrictions may apply to your use of the Software and certain features of the Software ("Special Features") may be unavailable to you or available subject to certain limitations, as follows:
- 2.1 TRIAL VERSIONS: If you have received a free trial license key for the Software, you will not be able to access the Special Features of the Software during the trial period (the "Trial Period"). If you pay the applicable one-time license fee for the Software and install a license key (as described in Section 6, License Keys), the Special Features of the Software will become operable.
- 2.2 FULLY LICENSED VERSIONS: If you paid the applicable license fee and got a fully licensed version of the Software, you are able to access all features of the Software. Please note that the author provides the product on the "try before you buy" principle and does not accept returns of the purchased copy of the product; you are provided with a limited version of the product that you are invited to evaluate for an evaluation period pursuant to Section 2.1 before agreeing to purchase the full-version, non-expiring license by ordering the applicable license key.
- 2.3 FREE VERSIONS: Free versions of HeavenWard Software may lack some features of trial and fully licensed versions of the same software and may have different functionality from trial and fully licensed versions of the same software.
- 2.4 EXPIRATION OF LICENSE: The license for some versions of HeavenWard Software is valid for a specific period of time after which the license expires. When a Software license expires, most functions of the Software are disabled except for re-activation of the Software using a new license key.
- 3. TECHNICAL SUPPORT: Subject to payment of the applicable license fee, the Author will provide you with technical support, free of charge, for a limited period commencing on your payment of such license fee. You may obtain continued technical support for a specified period of time by paying the Author's applicable then-current fee for Subscription Services and installing the applicable license keys, provided that such option is made available to you.
- 4. LICENSE RESTRICTIONS: You may not: (i) reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; (ii) modify, or create derivative works based upon the Software in whole or in part; (iii) distribute copies of the Software; (iv) remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Software; or (v) resell, lease, rent, transfer, sublicense, or otherwise transfer rights to the Software. Any use in violation of this section shall immediately terminate your license to the Software. Your Software license is additionally restricted to use only on the computer and the operating system version on which it is first activated.
- 5. THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE: Certain third-party software may be included with HeavenWard Software and is subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by the third-party licensor(s). A description of, and links to the terms and conditions of any third-party software are presented in the "About" window of the HeavenWard Software and those terms and conditions are deemed incorporated herein by reference.
- 6. LICENSE KEYS: You acknowledge that the Software may require a license key in order to operate. If you pay the applicable license fee for the Software, the Author will provide you an initial license key for installation with the Software which will enable you to use the Software (including Special Features) during the term of your license. You agree not to purchase any license keys or similar computer code for the Software from any source other than the Author or the Author's authorized partners.
- 7. WARRANTY
- 7.1 GENERAL: HeavenWard Software is provided to you at minimal charge. The Author does not guarantee that use of the Software will be uninterrupted or error-free. The Author does not guarantee that the information accessed by the Software will be accurate or complete. You acknowledge that performance of the Software may be affected by any number of factors, including without limitation, technical failure of the Software, the acts or omissions of third parties, and other causes reasonably beyond the control of the Author. Certain features of the Software may not be forward-compatible with future versions of the Software and use of such features with future versions of the Software may require purchase of the applicable future version of the Software.
- 7.2 AS IS SALE: Except for the limited warranties set forth in Section 7.1, you agree that the Author and its licensors have made no express warranties, oral or written, to you regarding the Software and subscription services and that the Software and subscription services are being provided to you "as is" without warranty of any kind. You acknowledge that the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Software and/or subscription services is with you. Should the Software and/or subscription services prove defective, you (and not the Author, the retailer, or any distributor) assume the entire cost of all necessary repairs.
- 7.3 DISCLAIMER: The Author disclaims any and all other warranties, whether express, implied, or statutory, including but without limitation (i) the implied warranties of noninfringement of third party rights, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose; (ii) that the Software or subscription services will avert or prevent all occurrences (or the consequences therefrom) that the Software or subscription services are designed to detect and/or prevent; or (iii) that any information accessed by the Software or subscription services will be accurate or complete. This warranty disclaimer affects your legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Some jurisdictions do not allow exclusions of implied warranties or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
- 8. PROTECTION OF YOUR PRIVACY: When you agree to the license agreement, you agree to send the user name you select when registering the Software to HeavenWard, and you agree to send to HeavenWard information about your computer system necessary to license and install the Software, such as computer name and computer, processor, and system versions and IDs. HeavenWard does not share this information with any other third party. The Software does not collect any other information from your computer, including any personal, personal identity, or sensitive information of any kind.
- 9. TERMINATION: The Agreement shall terminate automatically if you fail to comply with the terms of the Agreement. No notice shall be required from the Author to effect such termination. You may also terminate the Agreement at any time by notifying the Author in writing of termination. Upon any termination of the Agreement, you must uninstall and destroy all copies of the Software.