You may have to take extra steps to install and run LightLogger Keylogger if an antivirus or security suite also runs on your computer. To configure Norton Internet Security (NIS) to allow LightLogger to run on your computer, follow the steps below. The exact steps you follow will depend on the version of NIS you are using.
- Open NIS's main window. Right click the NIS icon in your system tray. Then click Norton Internet Security (or Open Norton Internet Security). You can also click start, then Programs, Norton Internet Security, and Norton Internet Security. The NIS main window opens.
- Click Settings in the NIS main window. Depending on your version of NIS, the Settings button is located either (1) at the top of the main window in the main menu or (2) in the Computer section of the main window. The Settings window opens.
- Click the Computer tab in the Settings window if the computer settings are not already displayed. The Computer tab opens.
- In the Computer section of the Settings window, click Antivirus and SONAR Exclusions - Customize Exclusions. Items you can configure appear.
- From the list of items you can configure, find Signatures to Exclude from All Detections and click Configure [+]. The Signature Exclusions window opens.
- At the bottom of the Signature Exclusions window, click Add. The Security Risks window opens.
- From the drop-down list below the Security Risks List title in the Security Risks window, click Spyware. A list of spyware products opens.
- In the list of spyware products, find and click Spyware.LightLogger. Then click Add.
The Signature Exclusions window opens and Spyware.LightLogger is shown in the Excluded Security Risks list.
- Click Apply and then OK in the Signature Exclusions window. The Settings window opens.
- In the Settings window, click Apply and then OK.